Take canned cinnamon rolls to a whole new level when you use an easy hack to make Viral TikTok Cinnamon Rolls with Heavy Cream! You will not believe how light and fluffy they are! These Cinnabon knock-off cinnamon rolls are delicious and you will never again make cinnamon rolls any other way!
Originally posted August 2022, updated November 2023
Viral TikTok Cinnamon Rolls with Heavy Cream
You really should go ahead and make these delicious cinnamon rolls now so you can know how good they are. Then you'll be sure to come back and make them again and again this Fall to fill your house with the smell of warm cinnamon rolls when the weather is cooler.
It's no secret that cinnamon rolls are my love language and I'm a sucker for really gooey cinnamon rolls. I've made homemade cinnamon rolls with these raspberry cinnamon rolls and I've used hacks to make these cake mix cinnamon rolls and even cinnamon roll waffles. So while I'm not one to follow the latest viral food trend (I don't even use TikTok), I knew when I saw this viral TikTok Cinnamon Rolls recipe hack being deemed as the "best cinnamon rolls", I had to try it!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
I mean... it's canned cinnamon rolls - made better! And not from scratch. In contrast, my Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls are to die for and are easily one of my top ten breakfast recipes, but they take a minute (or hour) to make. So if you want to skip the long process of from-scratch cinnamon rolls then you have to make this TikTok Cinnamon Roll recipe!
They're easy, fast, and cheap. And beyond amazingly delicious!! If you want to impress breakfast guests, make these!! And pin the recipe for Christmas breakfast or the Thanksgiving holidays. You will want to make them again and again!!
The best part of this cinnamon roll recipe is that you need TWO simple ingredients for this canned cinnamon roll hack.
Three if you count the nonstick cooking spray. Yes, you can dress them up with extra ingredients including homemade cream cheese icin, extra butter on top of the cinnamon rolls, pecans, brown sugar, etc. but they're also perfect with only two ingredients.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - this is the "secret ingredient" that really gives the basic can of cinnamon rolls their extra rich flavor
- Canned Cinnamon Rolls - I purchased the Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting, but you could use any brand, regular or jumbo ones.
- See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Viral TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
Okay - this viral recipe is the easiest thing EVER to make!! The instructions are so simple (basically the package directions with an extra step), that I dare call them a recipe.
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. The cinnamon rolls will be golden brown when they're ready!
Allow the rolls to cool for 3-5 minutes, then spread or drizzle the icing over the warm cinnamon rolls. Then enjoy this delicious treat!!
Hint: You can easily double this recipe by grabbing a bigger pan, using two cans of Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls, and doubling the cream. Easy-peasy!
If you keep a running list of easy recipes (like I do!), add this one! This is one of the best cinnamon roll hacks (or TikTok hacks) I've come across - an easy way to make Cinnabon's Cinnamon Rolls at home!
We've already made these heavy cream cinnamon rolls two weekends in a row and we've used this same recipe with no variations each time.
But if you want to amp them up a bit, change up the flavor, or just add some texture... here are a few variations you might try.
- Vanilla - Stir a tsp. of vanilla extract into the heavy cream before pouring it over the cinnamon rolls for a little extra punch of flavor and richness.
- Texture/Nuts - In a small saucepan, melt 4 tbsp. of butter (half a stick of butter). Then add ½ cup brown sugar, 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon, and ¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts. Heat until smooth, then pour over the cinnamon rolls before baking. (yes, over the heavy whipping cream). Follow the rest of the recipe as is! You could also sprinkles some chocolate chips on top of the rolls and let them melt if chocolate is your vice!
- Homemade Cream Cheese Icing - I love the icing that comes with the canned cinnamon rolls, but if you want to make them a little more 'homemade', here's an easy recipe: In a small bowl, mix together 4 oz. cream cheese (at room temp), 2 tbsp. salted butter, ¾ cup powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Add a few drops of milk if needed to thin the icing and spread the mixture over the warm cinnamon rolls.
- Or pour this Cream Cheese Glaze over them! I haven't tried it, but I don't think you can go wrong with these easy cinnamon rolls!
- Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool slightly before adding the icing. Otherwise, the icing will melt and glaze the cinnamon rolls vs. staying on top!
- My recipe is for jumbo cinnamon rolls but if you use regular cinnamon rolls, you will need to cut the cooking time down to 13-15 minutes. You can also double the recipe in a 9x13 pan and have a lot more (smaller) cinnamon rolls this way!
- Bake them in a disposable pan for easy clean-up or wrap them up and take this gooey cinnamon treat to a friend or neighbor!
- Small Baking Pan (or larger baking if you double)
- Silicone spatula to spread the icing.
- Spatula or turner for serving
After you taste these and use this viral hack, I cannot imagine that they will last more than 24 hours at your house, but if they do, you will want to save them for another morning (or a midnight snack or lunchtime dessert).
I can't explain the chemistry but I can tell you that they are exponentially more moist, light and fluffy when you pour a cup of heavy whipping cream over them before baking. This hack truly takes the viral Tik Tok cinnamon rolls to the next level!
This heavy cream cinnamon roll recipe is a great start, but you can also follow my tips in the Variations section of this post which includes adding nuts, homemade icing, more melted butter and cinnamon and brown sugar...
More Viral Tiktok Recipes
Find the full recipe below:Print