These Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and chewy with crispy edges. They're loaded with texture and rich flavors - your family and friends are going to love these perfectly delicious cookies!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg and beat until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in ½ cup toffee bits and ½ cup of chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto an ungreased (or parchment lined) baking sheet with at least 2 inches between each.
- Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until the edges are set and the centers no longer look wet.
- Remove from oven and let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- You can mix all of the toffee and chocolate chips into the batter, but putting some on top makes them extra special. They look more gourmet with the extra couple of minutes it takes to press extra chips onto the top of the cookies before baking!
- If you have one, use a cookie scoop to portion out the dough. You'll get more uniform and perfectly shaped cookies this way. Besides, it makes the work super easy!
- Sprinkle some sea salt on top to add a little extra sweet/salty combo that also makes them super fancy!
- If you have time, after you scoop the dough into balls, allow the cookie dough balls to chill for a couple of hours (or overnight). This allows the flavors to "marinate" together and really enhances the flavor!
- If you have a silicone baking mat, you can use that in place of parchment paper. It may change the cooking time by a minute or two but you can do a test run with the first tray of cookies to find the ideal baking time for your oven.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: toffee chocolate chip cookies, cookies with heath bar bits, heath bar cookies recipe easy, chocolate chip toffee cookies, hocolate chip and toffee cookies, chocolat echip toffee cookie recipe, toffee and chocolate chip cookies, toffee chocolate chip cookies recipes, toffee cookie recipe, toffee bits cookies, best toffee chocolate chip cookies, heath toffee chocolate chip cookies, heath bar cookies, chocolate chip heath bar cookies